27 Appropriate use of ancillary controls
The ancillary controls are:
- Windscreen wipers
- Heated rear windscreen
- Heater/air conditioning
- Hazard warning lights
What the examiner is looking for
The examiner is looking for you to know when and how to use any of the ancillary controls. You will also need to know the meaning of the various warning lights on the dashboard and act accordingly should any be activated. The most common ones being:
- Main beam
Driving faults recorded
27 Ancillary controls:
- Not operating the front or rear windscreen wipers or washers when necessary.
- Not operating the side or headlamp controls when necessary.
- Not operating the horn when necessary.
- Not operating the heated rear screen control when necessary.
- Not operating the demister controls when necessary.
- Not operating the hazard warning lights when necessary.