Why train with and join LDC?
- LDC have an enviable 30 year proven track record of success - both in terms of ensuring our students qualify and earn an high income thereafter as an LDC driving school instructor. The safer, smarter way to a successful new career.
- LDC currently supports around 400 highly successful LDC driving school instructors across the UK most of whom have customer waiting lists extending over several months charging high lesson and intensive course rates.
- LDC course fees to become a driving instructor are very competitive starting from just £795 on our pay-as-you-go training option.
- LDC provides up to 70 hours (premium course option) of training guided by a specially trained LDC Approved Driving Instructor trainer.
- LDC also provides over 100 hours of open learning using our comprehensive iCourse and self-study materials/videos for Parts 1, 2 and 3.
- LDC provides a further 3 days business start–up training on how to run a successful driving school when you decide to join us.
- LDC can be trusted to provide the essential on-the-job training to pass Part 3 on a Trainee Licence once passed Part 2 of the qualifying examination so you can earn as you learn. Train for free is an alternative to a Trainee Licence also offered by LDC so you can keep your current job until qualified.
- LDC only offer Trainee Licence positions to those who purchase a training course with us.
- LDC offer a super low membership at only £60 per week with the option to rent, buy or use your own car (if suitable). Potentially saving you up to £5,000 per year compared to other national driving school franchises.
- LDC do not charge an higher franchise fee if your are a trainee unlike some other driving schools
- LDC offer the first month free when you train with us
- LDC don't tie you into an expensive 1, 2 or 3 year franchise contract like many other driving schools do! Once qualified you need only stay 3 months after which we require just 1 months written notice to leave.
- LDC provides a free business start up package worth over £1,000 when you join - nobody gives you more sooner.
- LDC would normally charge an extra £500 to join our franchise as a newly qualified instructor from elsewhere but this fee is waived if you train with us in the first place.
- LDC instructors are taught in the use of the incredible LD System and the latest student-centred learning techniques. If you want to be the best, train with the best.
- LDC are the ONLY national driving school accredited, under the MoD Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) scheme, to train ex Military Service Personnel to become driving instructors.
- LDC can offer training nationwide covering the majority of the DVSA ADI test centres in the UK.
- LDC has a state-of-the-art approved training centre.
Any training costing less than LDC is either
- very difficult to complete (forcing most to drop out before taking Part 1) and/or
- you are required to commit to an expensive long term franchise contract over 1, 2 or 3 years or more.
So you either pay a lot more in the longer run being tied-in to a long term franchise/car rental contract or you end up having so much unnecessary academic work to do to pass Part 1 that you give up before getting any practical in-car training for parts 2 and 3. This is how cheaper training is possible - you get what you pay for or rather you don't. This is why we believe LDC is the Smarter, Safer and most Cost Effective way to a new career as a driving instructor.
First to be awarded Training School of the Year
The award was presented by Gareth Llewellyn the CEO of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to Paul and Gemma McArdle of LDC driving schools at the Driving Instructors Association (DIA) annual conference.
This Training School of the Year award was introduced in 2016 and LDC were the very first recipients which just goes to show the incredible reputation LDC has built up over the last 30 years to be the first training organisation to receive this prestigious Industry Award.
There are other non-industry self-nominated awards provided by magazine publishers and the like to promote their advertisers but they have little sway within our industry and are not endorsed by the DVSA the governing body for driving instructors in the UK.
Do your research and check the small print
We recommend to anyone looking at training to become a driving instructor to do their research carefully. Finding the right company for you can be like crossing a mined field. Some training providers want to sell as many courses as they can and use different ways to entice buyers. Read all terms and conditions and speak to their current franchisees. We list every single LDC driving school member on our website so you can pick anyone to call. Don't let the selling company organise this - it will probably be another sales person. It is easy for anyone to create a flashy website and brochure or make unbelievable guarantees that are then canceled out when you properly read the small print and realise what additional sums you have to pay to benefit from them. If you want a second opinion on any such claimed guarantees just give us a call and we will let you know how genuine or useful they really are. LDC publish our pass rates and we have a Part 3 pass rate of 90.2% (within the three attempts allowed). The DVSA published pass rate for Part 3 for the whole of the UK is only 35%. Currently in the UK only 20% of those who start a course to become a driving instructor actually go onto qualify and have a successful career. Therefore 80% waste there money which should tell you there are a lot of dubious training providers and bogus driving school companies out there selling instructor training just waiting to take your money and deliver very little.