The best driving school franchise in the business
The majority of driving instructors in the UK are self-employed and we believe that we offer the most competitive and appealing franchise in the market today. We believe nobody can offer you;
- better value for money
- higher earnings potential
- more job satisfaction
- lower franchise costs with no long term tie-in
You only have to compare our weekly membership fee and our course/lesson rates with those of the AA, BSM, Red or Bill Plant etc., to appreciate why you could potentially earn up to £5,000 more per year with us.
With LDC you don't need to commit to a long term high cost franchise/car rental agreement of 1, 2 or even 3 years - paying upwards of £250 per week! This commitment to a long term expensive contract is why some driving schools appear to be able to offer cheaper, often poorer, instructor training. They know that once you buy their course no other driving school will take you on a trainee licence so you will have no choice but to be tied in to their much more expensive long term franchise/car hire contract even though they will say you don't need to join them. Its that simple. Save a few hundred pounds now to severely limit your career prospects and cost you thousands of pounds later.
LDC hourly lesson and course rates are also usually higher then than those of our competitors thus enabling you to earn even more. Each extra pound adds over £1,700 to your annual income. For example, our intensive course rates will earn you an extra £3 to £8 more per hour from the standard LDC hourly lesson rate for the area in which you work thus boosting your earnings still further. In addition, our more experienced instructors often charge an hourly rate above the standard LDC rate for their area, thus rewarding them for their additional experience.
In a few short months you could be one of them earning £35 to £50 per hour doing a job that you love.
Below are just some of the reasons why we claim this.
- Only £60 per week franchise membership fee (includes an annual supply of 50 LDC Driving Skills Workbooks worth £750 i.e. £14 per week). If you take these materials provided into account the weekly fee is in fact only £46 per week.
- First months franchise fee is free if you train with us to become a driving instructor.
- No long term franchise agreement tie in, upon qualification you need only stay for 3 months and thereafter just give one months notice - not 18 - 36 months as with most others.
- Wide choice of car. You can use your own car (if suitable), buy a new car from us at a significant discount (up to 20%), buy a pre-owned car or choose a driving school car rental fully maintained option. This saving alone could easily equate to one years worth of franchise fees.
- Dedicated call centre to generate work, however, most work will come direct to you - see next items.
- Personalised car livery with your name, mobile number and website address to help generate work direct to you.
- Personalised marketing with your LDC driving school website, business Facebook and Google business pages through our main website and on the web generally to help generate even more work direct to you.
- Earn additional income from selling/renting LDC products.
- Unique online LDC instructor's/learner's Hub and Apps to help you run and promote your business and follow your pupils theory/driving progress.
- Unique LD System to help you offer quality tuition at premium hourly rates - up to £50 per hour plus an extra £3 - £8 per hour on courses.
- Personal face-to-face support on the many facets of successfully operating a quality driving school business from leading experts - you are not alone.
We offer a genuine opportunity to be your own boss and run your own independent LDC driving school franchised business with all the support necessary to help ensure you succeed at the quality end of the driver training market place. Get the benefit of being independent but with a highly reputable franchise behind you, working as part of a quality team to ensure your future earnings and well being. If you want to be the best than learn from the best here at LDC. We offer the best of both worlds being independent and owning a franchise - no need to reinvent the wheel or waste time keeping abreast of developments or learning the hard way. Let us take the the strain while you make the gain.
Driving school franchise comparison table
As a qualified driving instructor here is a list of the key differences between LDC and other national driving school franchises.
Potential earnings example at a lesson rate of £35 per hour.
WEEKLY GROSS INCOME (48 weeks)
36 hourly lessons at £35 each equals: £1,260
Material sales/rental: £14
Total Income: £1,274
WEEKLY EXPENDITURE (Including VAT)
New Hyundia i30 Car Rental (30,000 miles pa): £114
Driving instructor car insurance: £12
Franchise Fee: £60
Fixed cost: £186
Variable fuel cost: £80
Total main weekly expenditure: £266
PRE TAX EARNINGS £1,008 per week
Assuming you delivered 36 hourly lessons on average per week with 4 weeks holiday per year the above would be equivalent to £47,436 per annum with a company car (assuming a typical driving instructor insurance cost of £624 per year – around £12 per week).
Naturally, the above earnings potential will be proportionally lower or higher depending on the lesson rate you decide to charge or are able to command in practice in your area. It would probably be unrealistic to expect this earnings potential in the first year. However, it does serve to illustrate how to calculate your potential earnings as an LDC driving school instructor. If you purchased a car the income below would need to be increased by around £2,000 per annum or indeed much more if you used a second hand or older vehicle for your business. This car flexibility is only possible with a national driving school like LDC.
Potential earnings table based on hourly rate charged (36 hours per week)
Wide choice of car - Use your existing car, buy new or secondhand or rent a fully maintained driving school car
LDC driving school instructors use a wide range of car. Below you can see VW Golf, Audi A3, Mercedes-Benz A-Class, Ford Focus, Nissan Micra, Vauxhall Corsa, Peugeot 208, Ford Fiesta, BMW Mini, SEAT Leon and many many more. Choose a car to suit you whether it is your existing car or one you purchase (new or second hand) with our help or one you rent. Dual controls can usually be fitted for between £400 and £600 to most cars suitable for driving tuition.
Thinking of training with another company and then joining us?
Please note we only offer Trainee Licence positions and our incredible free start-up package worth over £1,000 to students who have fully trained with us. However, we do consider applicants who are already fully qualified subject to their grade, experience and the purchase of extra training to become proficient in our unique training methods and way of working. It will cost you an extra £500 to join LDC if you train elsewhere.