Become a driving instructor with LDC
LDC have over 35 years experience of successfully training people to become DVSA Approved Driving Instructors and providing the means to earn a good living thereafter as an independent LDC driving instructor. No one can match our record of success or the value for money we provide.
LDC offer a wide choice of car, no long term franchise tie-in, one of the lowest weekly franchise fees in the UK at just £75 (reduces to £66 after 12 months) and by far the fairest T&Cs you will find. Plus our incredible training package will help you qualify as quick as it is possible to do so. Our standard course price is £2,195 with a pay-as-you-learn option starting with an initial payment of £795 followed by 10 monthly payments of £140.
LDC can offer training in most locations throughout the UK utilising modern online learning resources, comprehensive study materials and expert local Approved Driving Instructor trainers you can trust. We currently have around 400 Approved Driving Instructors nationwide. In a few short months this could be you charging between £35 and £50 per hour doing a job that you love. Request a free information pack to find out more.
Beware cheaper courses are only possible because they ensure you don't get what you think you have paid for and as a result most give up or fail. Alternatively you are tied into a long term costly franchise agreement costing you thousands of £££ more. If you believe you can be trained for less then the prices we quote please speak to us - there is always a catch in their contracts!!
More about this business opportunity
If you genuinely care about people and take pride in your driving this is definitely the right job for you. Be your own boss, choose your own hours and look forward to going to work every day. Take control of your own destiny and take the first step right now. In our view the pleasure from seeing one of your learners master a skill or pass the driving test simply can not be surpassed. Fantastic job satisfaction, flexible hours, charging £35 to £50 per hour and working locally from home - what more could you ask for?
Currently there is a massive backlog of people wanting to learn to drive (around 500,000) so there couldn't be a better time to become a driving instructor. Train locally or residentially, either fast track or at your own pace. In any event you can work locally from your own home operating your own LDC driving school business as a fully qualified driving instructor or as a trainee driving instructor preparing for Part 3. With LDC you will pay less, earn more and are not tied into a long term expensive franchise contract of 18 to 36 months.
We also offer you a wider choice of driving school car. The norm is to rent a fully maintained car from the driving school. However, with LDC, you can use your existing car (if suitable) or buy a car (second hand or new) with our help/discounts or indeed rent a fully maintained car - the choice is yours. Become part of our family of independent LDC driving school instructor owners and see why teamwork can really make the dream work.
Work with LDC as part of a collective of quality orientated driving instructors who strive for excellence in everything they do, sharing common aims, resources and methods. Let us help you be the best you can be; train with and join the LDC family of independent LDC driving instructors today. LDC the best way to be independent but still have the security of full support and backup when needed from a franchisor you can trust. Independent but not alone. Start training from just £795 on a pay-as-you-learn basis.
What you need to do to qualify
To be legally eligible for this job you need to successfully complete our driving instructor training course and pass all three parts of the DVSA Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) examination.
- Part 1 Theory Test (i.e. PC based multiple choice and hazard perception tests similar to the L-test)
- Part 2 Driving Test (i.e. watching you drive to a good standard similar to the L-test)
- Part 3 Instructional Ability Test (i.e. watching you deliver a driving lesson)
Once passed Part 2 you can can start to earn money by joining our driving school as a trainee instructor to get the necessary practical experience essential to passing Part 3 and learning about the business. Teaching people for free is an alternative way to get this vital practical experience if you can afford to work for nothing for a few months. In addition you need to be over 21, have held a driving license for at least 3 years and have no more than 5 penalty points on your licence (within the last 4 years).
Benefits of being an instructor with LDC driving schools
So if you are good with people and have a passion for safe driving this could be the right career for you. Here are the key benefits of operating as an LDC driving school instructor:
- Be the best of the best with LDC
- Earn between £35 and £50 per hour gross
- First months franchise membership is free when you train with us
- Weekly fee £75 dropping to £66 after 12 months
- No long term franchise/car hire tie-in ensuring we have to work hard to keep your custom
- No worthless guarantees or nasty hidden clauses!!
- Wide choice of car - no need to necessarily rent an expensive driving school car
- Genuinely be your own boss operating you own quality LDC driving school business
- Choose your own working hours - part time or full
- Work locally from your home or your own designated area
- Discover real job satisfaction, enjoy going to work each day
- Stand out from the crowd using LDCs unique car livery, resources and tuition methods
- Our tele-sales operation and our unique marketing resources will also help to ensure you are not short of work
- Achieve your full potential with LDC
Join a team of equals with a friendly family feel. Let us take the strain while you make the gain. If you are looking for the most effective course of training to become a qualified driving instructor or indeed the best driving school franchise with which to work thereafter then give us a call on freephone 0800 197 0010 or call 01977 691800. Alternatively, request a free information pack or read on to learn more.
Why train with and join LDC?
- LDC has a 35 year proven track record of success - both in terms of ensuring our students qualify and earn an high income thereafter as an LDC driving school franchise owner. The safer, smarter way to a successful new career.
- LDC currently supports around 400 highly successful LDC driving school instructor owners across the UK most of whom have customer waiting lists extending over several months, charging premium lesson and intensive course rates far higher than our competitors.
- LDC course fees to become a driving instructor are very competitive starting from just £795 on our pay-as-you-learn option or £2,195 as a one-off payment.
- LDC provides up to 70 hours (premium course option) of guided practical training with specially trained LDC Approved Driving Instructor trainers.
- LDC provides over 100 hours of interactive open learning using our comprehensive iCourse, Apps and self-study materials/videos for Parts 1, 2 and 3.
- LDC provides a further 3 days business start–up course (another 18 hours) on how to run a successful quality driving school business when you decide to join us.
- LDC can be trusted to provide the essential on-the-job training to pass Part 3 on a Trainee Licence once passed Part 2 of the qualifying examination so you can earn as you learn. Train for free is an alternative to a Trainee Licence also offered by LDC so you can keep your current job until qualified.
- LDC only offer Trainee Licence positions to those who purchase a training course with us.
- LDC offer a super low franchise membership fee at only £75 per week with the option to rent, buy or use your own car (if suitable). Potentially saving you up to £5,000 per year compared to other national driving school franchises without a long term tie-in.
- LDC offer the first months franchise free when you train with us and a franchise fee that drops to £66 per week after 12 months.
- LDC DO NOT tie you into an 18 to 36 month expensive franchise/car hirer agreement like many other driving schools do! Once qualified you need only stay 3 months after which we require just 1 months written notice to leave.
- LDC DO NOT have restrictive contractual clauses to make it difficult to get past the Part 1 stage and thus avoid delivering any 'so-called' free face-to-face training unlike some other cheaper training providers - make sure you read the contract/agreement before you click to pay. Such companies rely on your eagerness and your naivety about our industry to rope you in with their worthless guarantees and fake special deals!!
- LDC provides a free business start up package of resources worth over £1,000 when you join - nobody gives you more sooner.
- LDC would normally charge an extra £500 to join our franchise as a newly qualified instructor from elsewhere but this fee is waived if you train with us in the first place.
- LDC instructors are taught in the use of the incredible LD System and the latest student-centred learning techniques. If you want to be the best, train with the best.
- LDC will teach you everything you need to run a highly professional top-class quality driving school
- LDC are the ONLY national driving school accredited, under the MoD Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) scheme, to train ex Military Service Personnel to become driving instructors.
- LDC can offer training nationwide covering the majority of the DVSA ADI test centres in the UK.
- LDC has a state-of-the-art approved training centre in West Yorkshire.
First to be awarded Training School of the Year
The award was presented by Gareth Llewellyn the former CEO of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to Paul and Gemma McArdle of LDC driving schools at the Driving Instructors Association (DIA) annual conference.
This Training School of the Year award was introduced in 2016 and LDC were the very first recipients which just goes to show the incredible reputation LDC has built up over the last 35 years to be the very first training organisation to receive this prestigious Industry Award after its introduction.
There are other non-industry self-nominated awards provided by trade magazines (e.g. Intelligent Instructor etc) to promote their main advertisers but they have little sway within our industry and are not endorsed by the DVSA the governing body for driving instructors in the UK or the largest association of driving instructors the DIA.
If you would like more details at this stage by post or email please complete the free information pack request form or call us FREE on 0800 197 0010 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Our opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8am - 6pm and on Friday 9am - 5pm. Alternatively download our latest Brochure in PDF by clicking the image on the right or the link highlighted in blue.
We look forward to the prospect of hearing from you in the near future. However, before you contact us please make sure you can meet the minimum requirements to be eligible to be a driving instructor as set out by the DVSA which are:
- You must have held a driving licence for at least three years (with no more than 5 points overall or any bans) to start training and four years before starting the job;
- Be able to provide two character references and pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check;
- Be able to read a number plate at a distance of 90 feet (i.e. 23 feet more than required for the L test) with glasses, if normally worn.
If you are not sure if you satisfy these minimum requirements please don't hesitate to call us on 01977 691800.