Become a driving instructor with LDC
Welcome to the Learner Driving Centre (LDC)
LDC operates one of the most successful national driving school networks in the UK. In the last 12 months we have experienced a dramatic increase in enquiries from people wanting to learn to drive with one of our caring student centred driving instructors using LDC's revolutionary LD System. You only need to visit our YouTube channel LDCDrivingSchools to see how incredibly popular our training methods are, with over 32,000 subscribers and 500,000 viewings per month. As a result we are looking to recruit and train more driving instructors to satisfy the increasing demand for LDC driving courses and lessons.
So if you are good with people and have a passion for safe driving this could be the right career for you. Become an LDC driving instructor:
- Earn up to £700 per week plus car
- Wide choice of car
- Be your own boss
- Choose your own working hours - part time or full
- Work locally from your home
- Discover real job satisfaction
** NEW business start up package worth over £3,000 **
Train with LDC and after qualifying join us on our standard franchise with car option to receive our unique business start up package of cash back and other benefits worth over £3,000 when you take up our premium course package. This includes the first three months franchise, free of charge. This demonstrates our determination to ensure your future career is a great success. See Cost of training for more details.
If you are looking for the most effective training to become a qualified driving instructor or the best driving school with which to work then give us a call on free phone 0800 197 0010 or call 01977 691800. Alternatively, request a free information pack or read on to learn more.
About the qualification you need
To legally operate as a driving instructor in the UK you are required to pass the DVSA Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) qualifying examination which is split into three parts.
- Part 1 is a PC based multiple choice theory and hazard perception test similar to the current test for learner drivers but to a higher standard
- Part 2 is a driving test, again similar to the current test for learner drivers but to a higher standard
- Part 3 is a practical test of your ability to instruct where the examiner plays the role of a learner driver
To pass the above tests you will receive the very best training available from our dedicated nationwide team of ORDIT qualified tutors, along with our fully guided state-of-the-art open learning driving instructor training course. For us, it is vital that you pass the ADI examination and go on to establish a successful LDC driving school business in your area as quickly as possible. This is why our training is so comprehensive in comparison with our competitors and why we put so much emphasis on helping your business flourish once qualified with our incredible business start up package.
We passed with LDC... so can you.
For more details about the requirements and the qualifying examination please see About the DVSA.
The best franchise in the business
All driving instructors in the UK are self-employed and we believe that we offer the most competitive and appealing franchise in the market today. You only have to compare our weekly franchise fee with those of the AA, BSM or Red etc., to appreciate why you could earn up to £5,000 more per year with us. We believe nobody can offer you better value for money, earnings potential or job satisfaction. Below are just some of the reasons why we claim this.
- No franchise fee for the first 3 months (if you qualify with us and go on our standard franchise with car)
- Only £42 per week franchise fee thereafter (includes an annual supply of 50 LDC Driving Skills Workbooks)
- Optional fully maintained driving school car from £75 per week or use your own car
- Dedicated call centre and marketing operation to generate your work
- Personalised car livery with your name, number and website address to help generate work direct to you
- Promotion of your own LDC driving school website, Facebook and Google+ business pages through our main website and on the web generally to help generate even more work straight to you
- Earn additional income from selling/renting LDC products
This is a genuine opportunity to be your own boss and run your own LDC driving school business with all the support necessary to help ensure your success. See About the job for more details.
Your choice of car
With LDC you have a wide choice of vehicle that you can use for your LDC driving school. Use your own car (if suitable) or rent or buy a car through us at significant discounts. Indeed, the saving you could make by purchasing a new car through LDC alone could easily cover the cost of becoming a driving instructor and best of all you can do this as soon as you start the course.
Giving driving tuition using the unique LD System
Give yourself the ultimate competitive advantage, train your learners with the LD System using our unique student centred learning approach and our industry leading Theory Test products.
Best driving instructor training at the lowest overall cost
The LDC driving instructor training course incorporates:
- The most comprehensive open learning package of modern learning resources available - over 25 hours of video training, specially designed software, modern learning aids and much more. Available for study via the internet as well as in hard copy form.
- Extensive support and assessment marking with feedback from our central training team via phone, internet, forum, fax, post or face-to-face.
- Up to 71 hours 1-to-1 local in-car training with a fully qualified DVSA ORDIT instructor trainer.
- The option of a trainee licence is also available - a form of modern apprenticeship to enable you to learn while you earn on the job as a trainee instructor for 6 months in preparation for the Part 3 test.
For full details regarding the training see About the course.
Thinking of training with another company?
Please note we only offer trainee licence positions and our incredible start-up package worth £3,000 to students who have fully trained with us. However, we do consider applicants who are already fully qualified subject to their grade, experience and the purchase of extra training to become proficient in our unique training methods and way of operating.
Our training credentials
LDC are a founding member of the DVSA's Official Register of Driving Instructor Training(ORDIT) and we only use ORDIT qualified driving instructor trainers. As a minimum you should only use organisations on ORDIT and trainers who are ORDIT qualified. LDC is also a preferred training supplier to the armed forces career transition partnership scheme and approved by the MOD in support of the ELC scheme. This means we are a trusted provider of training to those leaving the armed forces looking for training to become a driving instructor. See Armed forces resettlement for more details. LDC also operates an approved Edexcel and ILM training centre offering additional qualifications in teaching, coaching, mentoring and business enterprise skills up to QCF level 4.
So if you are serious about becoming a driving instructor choose wisely and train with a company that has the credentials and a proven track record of success. Give yourself a 90% chance of success not a 70% chance of failure! Look beyond the hype and the phoney guarantees - train with LDC.
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more please call one of our friendly office staff on free phone 0800 197 0010 or if using a mobile call 01977 691800. Alternatively please go to the Next Step.