14 Using the Mirrors
You need to use your mirrors effectively to keep up with what is happening behind you at all times throughout the test.
What the examiner is looking for
The examiner will check to see that you use your mirrors in good time, in the most appropriate order and act accordingly before
- Opening any car door
- Moving away
- Changing direction (junctions-changing lanes- overtaking)
- Changing speed (either slowing down, stopping or speeding up).
The examiner will also check to see that you use your mirrors frequently. How frequently will depend upon the road and traffic conditions at the time.
Driving faults recorded
14 Use of Mirrors
- Signals before using mirrors.
- Looks and signals at the same time.
- Does not take appropriate action after observing traffic in mirrors.
- Signals regardless of following traffic situation.
- Does not consult mirrors before turning left or right.
- Does not consult mirrors before changing lanes.
- Does not consult mirrors before or after overtaking.
- Does not consult mirrors before increasing speed.
- Does not consult mirrors before reducing speed.
Does not consult mirrors before stopping.Previous Next