Roadcraft - The Police Drivers Handbook
Roadcraft: The Police Driver's Handbook is recognised as the definitive guides for better, safer driving and riding. Incorporating current best practice, Roadcraft represents the gold standard in police driver and rider training and is used by all police forces, other emergency services, the armed forces and the general public. This book forms a key reference for driving instructors. This is the latest edition updated October 2020.
Roadcraft is written and endorsed by police and other driving experts and trainers and is produced by the Police Foundation, an independent charity and TSO. Prepared through close consultation with the police, other emergency services and driving instructors, readers can look forward to:
- An updated design.
- A revised overtaking chapter with separate sections on passing stationary vehicles, single stage overtakes, and multi-stage overtakes.
- New explanations of advanced concepts, such as limit points on left-hand bends.
- Information about fuel-efficient driving.
- Become a better driver the techniques outlined in Roadcraft will help you become a safer and more skilful driver in the most demanding situations
- Be safer on the road with a focus on self-assessment, the Roadcraft system of car control provides you with a systematic decision-making tool that enables you to deal with hazards and respond to new ones safely and efficiently
- Learn new skills new full colour 3D illustrations help you learn key principles and techniques for better driving
- Expert guidance with input from trainers in the emergency services, Roadcraft is recognised internationally as the gold standard for driving. It includes new chapters on manoeuvring at low speeds and on techniques for emergency response driving